I think the fashion and beauty industries have gotten a lot of stick over the years for being somewhat superficial. The model lifestyle is often shunned for many reasons, and I can see why people might have a dismal opinion from the outside looking in, but what about the positives?
Are there any as a working professional?
As a beauty and fashion photographer, I’m often asked why I chose to focus solely on these industries. Well, here are my reasons why:
1. I get to travel a lot.
2. I get to meet a lot of incredibly talented and business-minded people.
3. The industry is thriving with opportunities left, right and centre.
4. I get to express myself creatively.
5. It’s an ever-changing place to be so I’m challenged to stay up-to-date with what’s new and current.
6. There are always exciting events happening around me.
7. It’s a global industry that offers me the chance to learn about other cultures.
8. People may say that the industry has a negative impact on the youth, but that’s only because media is so powerful, so that also means there is ample opportunity to have a positive impact.
9. To get great results I have to have a great team, and I love that aspect of having to work alongside specialists where everyone has something of value to bring to the table.
10. I get to develop images that capture the essence of our time which will last forever…